Tuesday 20 September 2011

Well, We're married now.

I obviously got a bit busy with the rest of the wedding planning. I thought I could keep a little blog/journal type thing.. but I just didn't have time. Now that things have FINALLY slowed down I am able to catch up on everything. Well - at least try.

The wedding was gorgeous. Everything I wanted and more. I am so grateful to my friends and family for all of the things they did for me. There is no way I could have planned and put together this whole thing on my own. It's interesting because I have wanted to be an event planner for a few years now and while working as a wedding coordinator I was really organized and calm. But let me tell you.. when it came to planning my own wedding... I was a complete mess! I loved every moment of it but I am really happy its all over.

The honeymoon was such a nice little get away. We went to Vegas for a few days and just lounged. We were both so exhausted and worn out from the wedding that it was nice to do absolutely nothing. We saw the Beatles Love show and it was amazing. I would definitely recommend it!

Married life is amazing. It is so much fun to go shopping together and cook dinner together - and well.. just do everything together. We have grown so much closer and I am so happy that I get to spend the rest of my life with an amazing man. :)

Our apartment is a work in progress. I am one of those people that would rather hang pictures and make a place look "homey" then actually unpack the boxes. I think it drives Paul crazy because he hates things being unorganized - but c'mon. An apartment isn't a home without some pretty decorations right? I think that my entire life I have been this way. I moved around so much as a kid that I think the only way I felt normal was to hang pictures of my life around my room and make sure it looked like my last room so that I felt comfortable in a new place. So maybe its just a comfort thing. Who knows!

I was talking to my hairdresser the other day about how funny it is to find out the weird things your husband does. Paul and I dated for about 5 years and I thought I knew every little thing about him. And BOY was I wrong. He is so silly about so many things that it just cracks me up! I'm sure its the same way with him. I know I have little weird things I do.

As much as I miss my family I have comfort in the fact that I have my own little family with Paul. I feel safe and secure with him and I know that he is always going to be there. He deals with the ups and downs.. the crying and the emotional breakdowns.. and the lazy "I don't want to make dinner" nights. He is the ultimate husband and there is nothing I would change about our relationship.

I have like 30 million other things I could say. But I will stop at that.

XOXO - Kelsi NEVIN :) teehee

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Your wedding was amazing and you looked gorgeous! It's always hard settling into a new place. I am totally the same kind of unpacker as you. It drives Steven crazy. Before we even move into a place the first thing I think about is where I am going to hang what picture.

    ReplyDelete