Tuesday 22 May 2012

Bread Baby

Today as I was watching Private Practice I starting craving bread. Specifically Grandma Sycamore bread. If you've had it.. you understand. As I contemplated waking Liam up to go to Target to get this ever so delectable bread I had an "AH HA!" moment. I have a KitchenAid now... I can MAKE bread. So I put on my trusty heart apron and went at it! It all started with Pinterest (my main source of recipes). I found this recipe and started my first ever bread experience. I have made rolls and pizza dough before but never bread so I was super excited. I went to the pantry and got all my ingredients out and started the bread journey.. or brouney for those of you who like to shorten two words into one. If you haven't made bread before let me warn you of something. Yeast. Why you ask? Only because it's the creepiest thing ever. I dissolved the sugar and added the yeast and it just started bubbling like it was some sort of sea creature getting close to the surface of the water. I had to turn away and google pictures of what yeast should look like when its "proofed". After a few minutes I added the flour, cranked up the speed, and this gorgeous dough formed. It was a proud moment. I didn't take pictures because, as I have made clear in earlier posts, I suck at taking pictures. Good thing my brouney isn't over yet. The dough is rising right now. I will take a picture when its doubled in size. And obviously when its done baking. Back to my episode of Private Practice! Oh.. here is a little viewing pleasure for enduring this ridiculously boring post.


No comments:

Post a Comment